Dr. Nora Shilo, Clinical Director
Dr. Nora Shilo is a naturopathic physician with a passion for fertility and reproductive endocrinology. Dr. Shilo believes that the body’s ability to create life is one if it’s most incredible functions, and her mission is to assist her patients on this journey by using personalized, integrative medicine to enhance both female and male fertility. Dr. Shilo provides support for natural conception, IVF, and pregnancy, and treats common conditions such as PCOS, endometriosis, and hormonal imbalance using dietary & lifestyle counseling, IV vitamin & nutrient therapy, and other evidence-based methods that are complementary to acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine. Dr. Shilo is also licensed to prescribe pharmaceutical drugs when indicated, and she collaborates with the rest of the team at Yinstill to provide you with the ultimate form of integrative care.
Dr. Shilo’s psychology background allows and inspires her to further explore the mind-body connection with her patients by helping them navigate the emotional factors of physical ailments that may be holding them back from complete wellness. Dr. Shilo’s goal at each visit is to empower you by providing personalized, feasible treatment plans, and to work with you to create sustainable changes that will help you achieve your current health goals and enhance your long-term wellness. Dr. Shilo is in good standing with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC) and is a member of both the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA) and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND).
When she’s not with patients, you may find Dr. Shilo hiking, biking, cheering for the Canucks/Seahawks, or cooking for loved ones.
Professional Development Certifications
- Minor surgery (CNPBC)
- Pharmaceutical prescribing authority (CNPBC)
- Intravenous nutrient therapy for physicians (IIVNTP)
- Bowen Therapy (The Bowen College, Inc)
- Acupuncture Certification (CNPBC)
- Acupuncture treatment of pain in the upper extremity (Whitfield Reaves, OMD, LAc)
- Dietary & lifestyle counseling
- Clinical & orthomolecular nutrition
- IV vitamin & micronutrient therapy
- Comprehensive salivary testing (hormones, neurotransmitters)
- General diagnostic tests and profiles (blood, urine)
- Botanical medicine
- Bowen Therapy & Homeopathy
- Pharmaceutical prescriptions